Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness-Lady Gaga Edition
Wednesday, June 30, 2010Lady Gaga
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Lady Gaga. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you?
I would like to think I do but not sure I do. Pass the Adtivan (?)2. "Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore." Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life?
NO. Love is far more important than a job.
3. "You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way." In what way(s) do you feel that you are unique?
I think I am unique in just about every way. Hard to explain.
4. "I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish." Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people?
Good question. I am not sure but I don't talk about my religion too much. If someone rejected or made fun of it, it would break my heart.
5. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body." Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over?
Yes, in college. I was dating this guy who was in love with me and I really liked him. I wanted to marry him but there was something not right. Now, I am glad I married who I did.
6. "Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself." Would your friends say that you are a winner in this game of life?
I would hope so. I think I have what matters.
7. "A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury. I don’t need luxury. For years, I was practically broke but I was still very vain and glamorous. And I still am." Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy?
When I was going to college and when my husband and I were first married.
8. "I’m single right now and I’ve chosen to be single because I don’t have the time to get to know anybody. So it’s okay not to have sex, it’s okay to get to know people. I’m celibate. Celibacy’s fine." Do you think staying celibate between relationships important?
9. "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you are much stronger than you think." Tell us about an incident where you were stronger than you thought you were.
When I was faced with the decision to not have any more children due to the Fragile X. That was hard and I never thought I would be able to do it.
10. "I lie in bed and try to pray and breathe. I have a very overactive mind. I’m the sort of person who’d never take medication to calm myself. It’s maddening. But I love what comes out." Do you feel that you always have the ability to calm yourself?
Yes, I do but it is hard too do sometimes. I feel we can really control our feelings.