Monday, May 9, 2011

Sisters By Heart

Dear Heavenly Father, Please bless Mom that she will have a baby and it would be a girl. Amen.
This is the prayer I prayed as a little girl. I wanted a sister so bad. Then one day mom was going to have a baby and I changed my prayer for some reason. I asked God to send me a "beetle brother". Don't ask me why but I did and I got what I prayed for. Mom gave birth to Billy on September 19, 1965. I am glad she had him because he was a good friend to me growing up.

Well, that feeling in my heart never did go away. I still yearned for a sister. Over the years I have gotten several of them. One was when my brother married Robin. She is terrific. Others came when I started blogging. Still more came from friends at work and church. I have been truly blessed with many sisters of the heart.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

What a lovely post! 'Tis true -- not all of us got the fleash-and-blood sisters we wanted, but God certainly gave us enough others to more than abundantly make up for it ... :)

Christie Cottage said...

I am glad you got your beetle brother and more sisters than you can count...and that you didn't have to share your clothes with all your sisters!

Have a wonderful Monday!


<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Michele Chastain said...

Great post, Karen...yes sisters are wonderful, even if they're not sisters by blood. :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

What a SWEET post! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, Karen! :)

Sue said...

I love my beetle brother, too.

;)

Becky Jane said...

I'm glad we're sisters...

Car Title Loans said...

I think you gain more sister then you think by not being blood-related. I know some of my best friends are the sisters I could never replace these days. I didn't ask for a beetle brother, but I got one anyway :)
Ava

Car Title Loans said...

I think you gain more sister then you think by not being blood-related. I know some of my best friends are the sisters I could never replace these days. I didn't ask for a beetle brother, but I got one anyway :)
Ava

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so sweet.

Grandma Honey said...

You remind me of that line from Pollyanna..."when we look for the good in others, we will surely find it."

Candace said...

I have always wanted a sister. I never got one biologically; but, like you, I have gained many "sisters of the heart" throughout life. I think those are even better. :)

Beautiful post, Karen!

Deb said...

I only have one brother, too, no biological sisters....but I consider my sister-in-law, one of my hubby's sisters, as my sister. We're very close. So glad you have lots of "sisters" to fill that void, too!