Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Bought A Painting


While on vacation in Salt Lake, I entered the Deseret Book Store.  This is quite a dangerous place for me.  It has books, art and nick-knacks. Everything is good.  Anyway, while strolling around the store, my eyes landed on this painting propped up against a stand on the floor.  When my eyes saw this painting, my heart  leaped in my chest.  I soon found myself kneeling down looking at it.  It was as if I was the only one in the room.   It really spoke to my spirit.
To make a long story short, I bought it.
This painting gives me hope and peace.  It makes me feel like there is hope for me to become the woman I want to be.  I just need to reach out.
I was also able to talk to the artist who painted this.  Her name is Sandy Gagan.  She was so nice.
This painting is called Tabitha Arise.  The story is in Acts 9:36-40.  It is a beautiful story.
This painting lets me know that I can too arise and become a great woman as was Tabitha.

6 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

It's lovely, Karen.

Good for you, bringing beauty home with you.

=)

Yenta Mary said...

That is precisely what art is meant to do - elicit an emotional response. That it inspired you so and called to you ... clearly, it was meant to bless your home.

Becky Jane said...

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. Your new found painting is lovely and inspiring. You are such a sweetheart. I missed being able to see you when you came, but it looks like your trip was a success! Happy Thursday!

Grandma Honey said...

That painting is so beautiful! I can tell it belongs to you by the way you reacted to it Karen.

Candace said...

That painting is absolutely gorgeous, Karen. It speaks to me. I completely understand why it had to come home with you. I love it.

Rachael said...

Beautiful painting and I can't believe I missed you while you were in SLC! Congrats on your 25th too!