Thursday, September 20, 2012

Update



I wrote this while I was waiting for my ultrasound.  Back to School night went well.  No one asked too hard of questions.  Someone did ask about procedures for volunteering on field trips just as the principal walked in!  Also, the PTA president's son is in my room so she was able to answer some of the questions too! It was awesome.

One of my parents brought their little baby that I got to play with for a while.  It was so fun.  He was a real cutie too.

While waiting for the ultrasound, I wrote this about waiting.  I am a little nervous waiting but also a little excited.  I really want them to find something but I also don't.  I try not to think about them finding anything because my imagination goes wild.

Well, they did find something.  They found gall stones or polyps in my gall bladder.  They said I could have it out if I want to.  I am not sure I want to.  I really wonder if that is what all of this is.  The pain does not come from the area of my gall bladder.  It is much lower.  I sent an email to my doctor and haven't heard back from her.

Update-- Tomorrow, Sept 25, I am going to the doctor to get a CT scan.  I really hope this shows what the problem really is.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

I am glad Parent's night went well and hopefully your doctor will be able to give you the proper answer about your gall stones.

Grandma Honey said...

I would get a 2nd and 3rd opinion before I jumped into that surgery....especially since your pain is not even in that area. Just my humble little opinion.

Candace said...

I agree with getting at least another opinion before surgery. I had a friend who went through gallbladder surgery and came out with the same pains that she went in with. It sounds like Parent's night went well for you! I'm so happy to hear that. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Candace

Susan Anderson said...

Never hurts to get another opinion!

Although pain can be strange. Not everyone feels it the same way, and it can radiate to unusual areas due to the nerves.

Hope you figure it out, Karen! Glad Back to School night went well...

=)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes I would definitely get another opinion. I would take care of it if you hear the same news again.
Glad your Back to School night went well. Babies are so much fun, especially when they don't have to go home with you :)

Mimi Sue said...

Glad all went well at parent's night. Hope they find what's wrong so they can fix it! Mimi

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Good to hear that Parents' night went well. And hope you have more answers and that you are feeling better.

Blessings & Aloha!