Saturday, January 26, 2013

Loosing My Nerve? You Decide



Are you ready for the raw truth readers?  I feel that I am loosing my nerve to do anything.  I don't feel brave and strong anymore.  I really feel this way about work.  I  feel I am not doing enough, failing the kids, loosing my edge.  I get scared to go to work. But in my defense I have 28 children in which about 8 of them are considered special needs.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job and my kids.  There isn't one that I wouldn't want to take home with me.  But it is really exhausting work.  (work pity party over)

In other areas of life I am feeling the same way.  It is getting harder and harder to push all of these feelings down.  It is hard work to do that.  Rest assured that I am not giving into these feelings.  I have sought help.
I have an appointment in Feb. to a doctor that will look at my medication.

Thanks for listening to me.  I hope I was able to convey how I feel.  Please advise and encourage.  Thanks.

6 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Ms. Karen....you really need to go to your doctor and talk to him/her about these feelings. I've been there, too, and it can be so frustrating. Praying for you, sweet Lady!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I feel the same about losing my nerve....I keep hoping it is just a stage for me...but I will be glad to know what your doc thinks? My Doc gave me meds but I dont know if I will try them????

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sending you ((HUGS)) and keeping you in my prayers.

Candace said...

You are taking the right steps, Karen. Thank you for your honesty. You are in my thoughts and prayers. hugs, Candace

Grandma Honey said...

I think we all go through periods like that. Having said that, I don't I could ever handle a class of 28!

Susan Anderson said...

I agree with Jill. We all have ups and downs in our confidence level. And a class of 28 with 8 special needs children is no small thing!

I will keep you in my prayers, Karen.

=)