Friday, July 1, 2011

Back and Learned A Lot

Just to let you know that I am coming back to Blogland the week after next. I would came back next week, but Tom and I decided to go to Salt Lake City. I love it there. Slat Lake is where my roots are. I always feel renewed after going there. Here are somethings that I have thought about and learned over these last few days.

1. I need to spend better time in prayer.

2. I need to spend better time reading God's word.

3. I need to spend less time on watching TV and then be more selective on what I watch.

4. I need to limit my computer time. I don't need to check things every 5 minutes.
(possibly a Fragile X thing?)

5. I need to remember my word for the year more. I need to enjoy each moment that I am in and not hurry on to the next moment.
(possible a Fragile X thing?)

6. I have come to realize the truth and meaning in this statement,"When you pick up one end of the stick, you pick up the other."
For everything I do, there is a consequence. I cannot control what the consequence will be nor can I control the reaction someone will have to what I do.
All I can do is do my best and say, " I am sorry." and try not to do it again.

I have been in contact with the family member who was/is upset with me. We haven't been able to talk yet, but we will soon. At that time, I will be finding out more specially of what upset them.

Thanks to all of you for your love, understanding and support. Have a wonderful 4th of July and stay tuned for a report on our trip to Utah.

7 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Have a wonderful trip, Karen!

And I hope things get straightened out soon with your family member. Those kinds of misunderstandings are so painful, especially when you're not sure exactly what happened.

=)

Grandma Honey said...

"When you pick up one end of the stick, you pick up the other." I've never heard that before, but I love it.

Have a great trip!!

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh yes, I couldn't agree with you more. I have had some painful revelations in regards to the stick!! I really do hope your family member lets go. But you can not make them. One of the most difficult lessons ever for me to learn. Heavenly Father does not take away someone else's free agency! Hope all is well, and I am really jealous about Salt Lake. We love going there!!

Candace said...

I pray you get that worked out quickly and completely with your family member, Karen. Nothing like that to steal your peace. Have a happy 4th and safe travels!

dtbrents said...

I need to do the things on your list also. Our choices can change our life. I listen to the audio Bible or Bible studies while I'm on line. One of my pastors hates FV and the games on FB. I feel and tell him when the Holy Spirit lets me know to quit FV I will. Please try to be free as a Christian and not in bondage to the law or what others tell you is wrong. I pray your problem will be resolved soon and that you won't worry about it. Doylene

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Have a wonderful trip and I am late saying this here.

Lucy said...

It sounds like you have a healthy plan and hopefully everything will work itself out with your family member. I hope your trip refreshes you too!