Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Thoughts On Prayer

As I was flying to New Jersey, I had some thoughts about prayer that I decided to write down.  I have had some questions and struggles with prayer lately.  It has been on my mind.  These are the thoughts that came to my mind as I was flying.

First thing I need to do is not think so much about things that  are beyond my finite mind.  I worry about how God can hear me when there are 1,000 of others praying at the same time.  I don't understand how that works and I really don't need to know.  I just need to know that He has it all figured out.

Secondly, I need to get over the fact that my needs are just as important as others, even though they might not be as urgent.  I think He has that figured out too.

I have decided to just thank Him and tell Him what I am doing.  It could be just like I am talking to Tom or my mom.  It would be okay if I ask Him to bless my friends who are sick.

I think this is going to work out great.

4 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

As always, your blog banner touches me!

Lately I have wondered about my prayers too. Many times (for years) I have wondered/thought about God getting a headache having to listen to everything all the time!

I know that I talk to God like He hangs out with me. I tell people that too. "God hangs out with me all the time."

Praying is such an important part of our faith. A long while back, when I told someone "prayers" or "I;ll pray for you" I stopped and did that before I hit "send" or "publish". I know that seems silly, but why not pray when you discover a specific need for prayer???


Have a beautiful afternoon!

<><

Susan Anderson said...

Have to admit I have never thought about God's ability to hear all of the people who are praying to him at once. I guess I'm kind of self-centered when I pray. I only think about myself and the people I am praying for!

;)

PS. Glad you have found a new way to look at this!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like the perfect plan.

Breathing In Grace said...

I find it amazing that God hears and answers our prayers, too. He speaks to us personally and that tells me that He knows each of our hearts and what we need from Him. He is AWESOME!!!