Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy 300th

This is my 300th blog post on this blog.  (cheers from the crowd).  You would think that after 300 posts, I wouldn't have trouble figuring out what to write about. Well....  I feel that sometimes my post are delayed due to heavy fog in the brain.  (ha ha)  Maybe more exercise is the answer???

Anyway, I have been in quite a "fog" lately.  It all started a couple of weeks ago when my friend Arva had a stroke.  She went from being somewhat alert and awake, to being on life support, to being brain dead and finally to passing on.  It was quite a blow to everyone.

I did have the great honor of helping dress her body.  It was a wonderful experience with experiencing many emotions all at once.  She didn't look very good during this time but at her viewing she was beautiful.  They really did a great job fixing her up.  It is amazing what they can do with a wig and make-up.  It was really good for my spirit to see her like that.  She almost looked like herself.

School is going great.  The parents look at me in awe sometimes at all the work I do.  It is not easy teaching 27 1st graders.  I couldn't do it without the great support of the parents.  It really makes a difference.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.  It will be nice to see my family.  They even may come up here.  I hope they do.

Well, thanks for your support through these 300 posts.  I look forward to my next 300.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Congrats on your blogiversary!

I am sorry about your friend, Karen.

"/

Lucy said...

Wow!! 300!!!
Ah, you wrote about your friend a little bit before, I am so sorry for you loss.
Glad to hear teaching is going well, busy,but well.
Thanksgiving,goodness,it will be here before we know it!