Monday, February 11, 2013

Where Are You Going To Put That?

Several years ago my little nephew gave my mom an unusual gift for her birthday.(I think)  Anyway, while visiting there one day she showed me what he had given her. (It was a little dollar store figurine of a little girl and boy getting their first communion.)  When he gave it to her he said,"Isn't it  just beautiful Grandma?"


While she was telling me all of this I asked her, "Where are you going to put it?"  She replied with what I thought was a wonderful answer.  She said, " Right next to the Waterford crystal vase."



Aren't grandmas just wonderful and the best?   They always know the right thing to say.  They are truly angels among us.  There is a great lesson in that answer.

UPDATE:  I talked to Mom and she said that she still has it.

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I treasure a few unusual things like that myself.

;)

Grandma Honey said...

So was this Billy's son?